Slither on dual format DVD and HD-DVD. I didn't even know dual format existed before I saw this. It's awful pretty.
Director James Gunn babbles about the DVD features;
- DVD commentary by myself and Nathan Fillion.
- Deleted scenes, including the infamous Grant Grant meat filing scene, Grant Grant's speech to Brenda about how he loves to be human, "Starla and the inchworm", and many more. All these scenes also feature commentary.
- Extended scenes, including the full porch scene between Bill and Starla, Kylie's more complete explanation of "The Long One," the full scene in the butcher shop with Grant Grant, and much more. These scenes also feature commentary.
- The Gag Reel -- in which you can see just a hint of how many takes Elizabeth Banks screwed up by laughing.
- "Who is Bill Pardy?" - this was a surprise we made for Nathan at the wrap party, in which the cast and crew essentially roasted him. I asked Nathan if he was cool with it being on the DVD, and he was... so... watch us brutally make fun of him...
- "The Sick Minds and Slimy Days of SLiTHER" - A very in-depth, very well done documentary on the making of SLiTHER, featuring the whole cast and crew. I honestly couldn't be happier with this thing.
- "Bringing SLiTHER's Creatures to Life" - a documentary on the prosthetics and CGI effects in the movie. Also wonderful.
- "Slithery Set Tour with Nathan Fillion" - this is the much longer version of the little bit you can see online here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K3TVIYR87E. At the end of this video, I say some of the crudest stuff I've ever said... and I can't believe Universal left it in!!
- VFX Progressions, from start to finish, featuring kickass music by The Raymakers.
- "The King of Cult: Lloyd Kaufman's On-Set Video Diary" - see the President of Troma Entertainment and the creator of the Toxic Avenger (and my old boss) find himself lost in the world of Hollywood with his cameo role in SLiTHER.
- "The Gorehound Grill: Brewin' the Blood" - a short how-to-make-your-own-blood-and-slime video.
[ edited by zeitgeist on 2006-07-31 18:11 ]
July 29 2006
You need to log in to be able to post comments.