This site will work and look better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.

Whedonesque - a community weblog about Joss Whedon
"Yeah, what'd she do? Bone a thricewise?"
11944 members | you are not logged in | 01 August 2014

February 27 2009

The contents of Dr. Horrible's inbox. At last, all is revealed.

It's number four on Cracked.com's list. If you think you can do better, then welcome to Whedonesque's first and last annual "post your Dr Horrible email headers in the comments section" contest.

Looking for cumin recipes? spiceycook.com has more than 100 cumin recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips.
Subject: IMPORTANT - Third and Final Time-Reverse Gun Component
From: Devilish Diviner [DevDiv@gmail.com]
Date: 2/13/2009 2:35PM
To: "Dr. Horrible" [William2993@yahoo.com]
Amazon.com.. Subject: Bestsellers in Self-Help Books
As someone who has purchased self-help books at Amazon.com, you might be interested in our bestselling self-help titles this month, including Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life and How to Make Someone Love You Forever! In 90 Minutes or Less.
The Captain Hammer e-mail is fantastic.
Curse you Captain Hammer!
Geek that I am, I tried the youtube link Captain Hammer sent. If I didn't get the last letter wrong (was it supposed to be a capital O or was it a Zero?), the link doesn't work.
Some of those others are really great, too. #3 and #1 are both hilarious.
I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who tried the youtube link.
I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who tried the youtube link.

Then there's me, who methodically went and typed it in after reading "The Captain Hammer e-mail is fantastic." even though three comments down, visible on my screen, Simon had linked it.
From: EVILesque Admins
Subject: Password Reminder
Date: February 27, 2009 4:23:58 AM PST
To: Dr. Horrible

For the love of God, please stop forgetting your password. How hard is it to remember "b!ll33budd33"?

- C, S, S, and Z

[ edited by The One True b!X on 2009-02-27 16:21 ]
Subject: OMG I was at the bank you robbed last week! SO AWESOME. Call me?
From: Your Biggest Fan [horriblegroupie23@gmail.com]
Date: 2/15/2009 6:23PM
To: "Dr. Horrible" [PhDinHorrible@yahoo.com]
From: Bad Horse
Subject: Re: How do you type with horse-shoes on?
Date: July 15, 2008 12:00PM
To: Dr. Horrible

*inbox fades away as voices come from nowhere*

Bad horse! Bad horse! Bad horse, he's bad!
He received your e-mail
That question has a ban
You're ordered to stop sending it
Or you'll never type again!

-signed, Bad Horse
Keep 'em coming, folks!
From: Captain Hammer
Subject: Re: J.Crew sale on sweater vests
To: Dr. Horrible

Thanks for the tip! I need a one for a date this weekend.
From: Switch
Subject: Moist
To: Dr. Horrible

Doc, Moist and I had a great date the other evening but he somehow forgot to leave me his email addy. Send it to me?
Thanks! Kisses!

signed- Switch
I can't resist the sad choice...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:57:24 -0500
From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@caring-hands.org>
To: JWooHK@gmail.com

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

penny@caring-hands.org
(generated from penny@caring-hands.org)
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<penny@caring-hands.org>:
host caring-hands.org [64.13.232.139]: 550 No Such User Here

------ This is a copy of the message ------

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Hey, stranger!
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:01:49 -0500
From: Jen
To: penny@caring-hands.org

Hey,

I'm back from my volunteer trip. Let's get together and catch up soon, I'm dying to hear more about this new boyfriend of yours!

-Jen
Nicely done, Zeitgeist.
zeitgeist is a bad man.
He may be a bad man, but he's a good poet.
I'm dying to hear more about this new boyfriend of yours!

Penny: ditto.
/rim /snare /cymbal

Thank you, we'll be here all week!
I guess I killed this thread. No one else has one?
I just can't think of anything as witty/sad as what you did.
I want to marry all of you for your hilarious Dr Horrible emails. I wish I could think of one to add!

You need to log in to be able to post comments.
About membership.

joss speaks back home back home back home back home back home