Morena Baccarin interviewed on Brazil late night talk show Programa do Jo. Conducted during her V promotion tour and aired last Friday night, with some mentions of Firefly/Serenity (in Portuguese).
The interview is 15-minute long.
I was so happy that the host was more aware about Firefly / Serenity than I expected.
For people not fluent in Portuguese, here are some highlights:
- The origin of her 1st name: Morena's mother borrowed the same name as the daughter from one of her make-up artists.
- She moved to the US when she was 7, when her dad was sent to the US as a correspondent. She had the choice to move to New York or London, she chose the first.
- She thinks she's funnier in English than in Portuguese.
- Her mom stimulated her to start doing theather, and then she fell in love with the acting and knew she'd be doing it for life.
- She talks about how sudden was getting cast in Firefly.
- Jo Soares the host, says Morena has a natural star appeal, and having a different 1st name, is something sexy and beautiful.
- She talks about how Inara was as companion in Firefly. How she had a longer hair back then.
- Morena didn't cut her hair short for V, but for a role in another movie she was working on.
- They comment on how Vancouver play a lot of other cities, like New York.
- She discussed the process to be cast in V and her memories about the original V.
- She'd love to grow her career in the movies, either in Hollywood or also something in Brazil.
- She's still surprised, but enjoys being recognized.
May 02 2010
You need to log in to be able to post comments.