Lots of New Information about Buffy Animated! From this month's official Buffy Magazine, including a possible actor from the Whedonverse joining the team, and more news on that pilot. Link to Titan Magazines homepage. Click on "More" for all the information.
This month the Buffy Magazine has done a big four page spread on BtAS. Here is all the information, condensed and with quoted
* The possible actor is David Boreanaz. He recently told the production team "I've never been approached by anyone, as far as getting involved, but i love doing voice-over and animation stuff. I'll never say that it wont happen, it just depends on where I am"
* The animated short comes to four minutes long, and is a condensed version of the script. It was rewritten by Joss and Jeph. It apparantly contains a fight scene. Eric Wight says that "from what I understand it turned out great!". It was done in 2D animation, with a little 3-D. He says "it was pretty dynamic stuff for the cartoon and the Buffy franchise"
* As well as Eric Wight, two other artists worked on the piece: Ted Blackman ("background artist") and John Calmette ("colourist"). They spent three months on it
* The director of the four minute animation short was Eric Radomski (of Batman: The Animated Series)
* Eric Wight on his future role in BtAS: "I will probably still do some Villain of the Week designs and some promotional artwork but we'll see"
* Jeph Loeb confirms that Mutant Enemy shutting down will have no effect on Buffy: Animated's future
* Although Jane Espenson didn't know the number of scripts for definite, she was right when she said eight, and these will be the first used
* And when will the series happen? The magazines answer - Soon!
Although I've written all of this information out, all credit needs to go to the Buffy Magazine, all the cast and crew that have contributed and Tara Dilullo, who actually put all of the information together. To get all the full informtion, the Buffy magazine is only £3.25 and also has an interview with Marc Blucas, Kelly Donavon and this really really kick-ass pull out poster!
It shall live on!
February 04 2005
You need to log in to be able to post comments.